Thursday, November 4, 2010

SmallWorld Munich - logo, site & business card

Time for a long awaited update! I have been working on Small World Munich, an newly opened English teaching centre in Germany. The job involved designing the corporate logo, business card and website. My client wished to express the idea of a fun, relaxed and professional learning environment. He also wanted a simple, clean and friendly corporate ID.

First off, we started work on the logo. My client already had a strong idea of what he wanted in his logo, a cartoonish globe with a figure reading on top of it - a concept which I was wary of at first, and tried to offer alternate solutions:

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

My client originally selected the composition in the third set of logos, but after some discussion, we mutually agreed that this composition was too centrally aligned and therefore lacked balance. Instead, I convinced my client to opt for the following solution:

Photobucket

I'm pretty happy with this decision - while I was working on the logos I initially felt convinced that the cartoony approach was not the best one to take, but now looking at the options, I feel the first set of logos were too serious and didn't convey any fun element at all. I am pretty pleased with the balance and colours (My client wanted bright blue and green) and the logo gave me a good base to work on the website having established an image for the company.

No comments: